Multiple Sonic The Hedgehog Games In Development For Switch
Sonic The Hedgehog is one of the most iconic video game characters of all time. His tales of saving planets from his arch-nemesis Doctor Eggman have spanned generations of gamers. But none of those games have come to the Nintendo Switch. Until now that is.
So, we already know that Sonic Mania will be coming to the Nintendo Switch, and we know its been in development for a while. But now we know that there are in fact two new Sonic games in the works for the Switch! One of which is “Sonic Mania Plus”, an update to the game which was released in 2017 that added more content.
Sonic returns to his roots in a new video game, and the first title is reportedly on the way for the Nintendo Switch.
Today Sega released a special Sonic the Hedgehog video stream called Sonic Central. Blue Blur is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year, and more games will be released to mark the occasion! First, let’s introduce Sonic Colors: Ultimate, a remaster of the Wii game from eleven years ago. This is one of the best Sonic games of the last 20 years, and bringing it back to a wider audience is a good move.
It’ll be on the 7th. Released on September 20, 2021 on Switch, priced at $39.99. This is one of the few Sonic games I’ve spent a lot of time on lately, and that’s because it’s so much fun! There’s even a drill mechanism reminiscent of Super Mario Galaxy! Sonic Origins will be released late next year. This compilation is from the 16-bit era and features Genesis classics: Sonic, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, and even Sonic & Knuckles. The icing on the cake is the Sonic CD, which was once only available via a special add-on for the Sega CD.
Sega promises to add additional content and features, and indeed, in the video we see that some games have been redesigned to be viewed on the big screen. Sega then clarified that even Sonic 3 will be in widescreen when Origins finally comes out. Sega also announced the next big thing in the Sonic universe, but showed nothing more than a strange logo. As with the announcement of Dragon Quest XII yesterday, it will be a long time before we get to see any real gameplay. For now, the new game is scheduled for a 2022 release, and of course it will come on the Switch family of systems. OFFICIAL PR: To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Sonic the Hedgehog, SEGA held the first Sonic Central event today, broadcast on the official Sonic the Hedgehog channels on YouTube and Twitch. During the celebratory event, SEGA revealed a number of upcoming entertainment offerings involving Blue Blur himself.
The creators of Netflix’s upcoming animated series, Sonic Prime, have released the stream. No holiday is complete without music. SEGA has announced that in honor of Sonic’s 30th birthday on the 23rd. In June, an orchestra concert will feature music from Sonic games from the past 30 years. A special preview will be available at the Summer Game Fest Kickoff Live! June 10, with special appearances by Crush 40 and Tomoya Ohtani. After the opening segment, SEGA continued where it all began, with a series of lavish game-related announcements that will bring Blue Blur to consoles, PC and mobile devices later this year:
- Sonic Colors: Ultimate and Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps: SEGA has revealed Sonic Colors: Ultimate, an adrenaline-packed remaster of the popular 2010 platformer Sonic Colors, and a colorful first trailer. Sonic Colors: The last one will be the 7th. September 2021 digital and physical for PlayStation®4, Microsoft Xbox® One and Nintendo Switch™, and digital only for PC via the Epic Game Store. Fans can pre-order Sonic Colors: You can get an exclusive Baby Sonic keychain and other bonuses. SEGA has also revealed a teaser for the two-part animated series Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps is the first animated game to feature full dialogue and voice acting, including the return of Sonic’s legendary voice actor, Roger Craig Smith.
- Sonic Origins: SEGA is working on a new compilation series that will include Sonic the Hedgehog 1, 2, Sonic 3 & Knuckles and Sonic CD. Fans looking for a nostalgic gaming experience can head to these classics to enjoy non-stop Sonic action and new content, with more details to follow.
- The new game from the Sonic team: Get ready for a new journey in the next Sonic flagship from Sonic Team, the team that brought you Sonic Generations and Sonic Forces. Watch the trailer here.
- Tokyo 2020: Sonic is going to the Olympics! Dress your avatar as Sonic and compete in 18 exciting events in Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 – The Official Video Game™, available for pre-order today and launching on the 22nd. June is available for all platforms.
- Platform improvements : This year, Sonic is more accessible than ever: Sonic Mania and Team Sonic Racing are on sale now on Amazon Luna. In addition, Sonic Forces, Team Sonic Racing and Sonic Mania will come out at 1. June on PlayStation Now! And later, on the 24th. June, Sonic Mania will be available on the Epic Game Store.
- Special mobile gaming events: Sonic Forces: Speed Battle mobile will feature a special character that allows players to harness the power of Chaos Emeralds and go to war as Super Sonic. Later this year, private matches will be held as part of a timed event. In Sonic Dash, players can attend a special pirate party and unlock Sonic the Pirate and Captain Shadow, collecting even more prizes along the way. Sonic Racing brings a classic feel to the game, with classic characters and cars, and three new tracks in the classic section, as well as some old school remixes. Prepare for the October scare when Warehog appears in Sonic Forces and Sonic Dash. Just wait until he shows up on Halloween and unleashes his powers! Attachments are available here.
Sonic will also have some special appearances in the SEGA Two Point Hospital game to celebrate the 30th anniversary:
- Hospital 2 points : Build a hospital from the ground up into a masterpiece, this time with exclusive in-game Sonic items, character customization options and hospital decorations. Change the clothes of the staff for Sonic’s 30th birthday. Birthday to celebrate, and the items will be at 22. The month of July will be available for free in the game.
But there are other ways to party! To celebrate its 30th anniversary, SEGA has unveiled a series of memorabilia that Sonic fans will cherish for years to come.
- Licensed Products : Throughout the year, SEGA is working with other partners to develop new Sonic products, including exciting items such as the giant Eggman robot from JAKKS Pacific Inc., a full-color hardcover Sonic encyclopedia from Dark Horse, and much more. To celebrate Sonic’s 30th birthday, IDW is publishing a special extra-large 80-page comic book featuring three stories about colorful heroes and vicious villains. Commemorative 30th anniversary coins in gold and silver will also be available at APMEX this year. Attachments are available here.
To keep up to date with Sonic the Hedgehog, you can follow Sonic on Twitter and Instagram, like Sonic on Facebook, and subscribe to the Twitch channel and YouTube channel. For more information, see www.sonicthehedgehog.com. Craig has been involved in the video game industry since 1995. His work has been published in various media. He is currently editor-in-chief of Gaming Age magazine, where he writes.
Some big news from Sega in the last few days: new Sonic The Hedgehog games are in the works. And not just one, but two are set to be released on the Nintendo Switch, and they’re both Sonic The Hedgehog games.. Read more about best sonic game for switch and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be a Sonic game in 2021?
The Sonic series has been around for over 30 years now, with over 50 games across several different platforms. The series is unique in that it has been made for multiple platforms (PC, Game Boy, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, etc) and has been even made into a Broadway musical. Unfortunately, the series has not seen a home console release on the current generation of home consoles. However, changes have been made. We have been hearing about multiple Sonic The Hedgehog games in development for the Nintendo Switch for a while now, but when will we hear more about these titles? Will we hear about them after the end of the Nintendo Direct presentation on December 5th, or will they come out much earlier?
Is there going to be another Sonic game?
It might sound like I’ve gone mad, but there will be another Sonic game! This one is in development for the Nintendo Switch. It’s not yet been titled, but it will be a sequel to 2017’s Sonic Mania Plus, and will be released some time in 2018. This is the first time Sonic is appearing on a Nintendo platform, so it’s an important opportunity for the franchise. In a surprise announcement earlier this month, Sony has revealed that it is working on a sequel to its famous racing franchise. According to the announcement, there will be a total of three Sonic games in development, with a release date of Winter 2019.
Will there be a Sonic Adventure 3?
It’s been a while since Sonic last got a big game or a game at all, but that may be changing with the recent news of Sonic Team working on a brand new Sonic game for the Nintendo Switch called Sonic Adventure 3. Sonic Team has worked on many Sonic games over the years, including the two Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 and Sonic Adventure games. There have been rumors that Sonic Team was working on a Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode 2 for the Nintendo Switch, but those rumors have recently been put to rest. I have a sinking feeling that we’re about to get a lot more Wiis and Switches on the road to the 20th anniversary.
sonic mania plussonic at the olympic games tokyo 2020sonic forcessonic riftnew sonic game 2021sega ages sonic the hedgehog,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Sonic Forces,Sonic Mania,Sonic Mania Plus,SEGA AGES Sonic The Hedg…,Team Sonic Racing,See more,Video game,sonic mania plus,sonic at the olympic games tokyo 2020,sonic nintendo switch games,best sonic game for switch,sonic rift,new sonic game 2021,sega ages sonic the hedgehog