HWiNFO Upcoming Changes Include XMP 3.0 Support for DDR5
HWiNFO is the most popular utility for monitoring and tweaking your PC’s performance. This week, the company behind HWiNFO has announced new changes that are set to improve the program’s functionality yet again. The upcoming 3.0 version of HWiNFO will support DDR5 RAM, and will introduce support for the new XMP 3.0 specification for DDR5 memory.
XMP 3.0 is coming to HWiNFO 5.0, and it’s being called ‘the biggest improvement to HWiNFO in the history of HWiNFO.’ XMP 3.0 adds support for DDR5 memory modules, which will greatly improve how HWiNFO handles high-speed memory modules. DDR5 modules produce about a 20% performance boost on average, but they’re still relatively new. As such, HWiNFO can’t say with confidence how well they will perform. This is a huge step forward, one of the most important HWiNFO updates in years, and it’s coming with HWiNFO 5.0 next month.
With the introduction of DDR4 RAM, it was only a matter of time before we saw DDR5 (also known as DDR5X) support. In fact, if DDR5X is supported by a motherboard, it is more than likely that XMP 3.0 is supported as well.. Read more about how much faster will ddr5 be and let us know what you think.
Image: TEAM GROUP
Despite the shortage of parts and reduced prices, technology spending was exciting. AMD, Intel and NVIDIA have released several new products and there have been many generation changes. There is also a lot of interest in DDR5, although no platform supports this technology yet. HWiNFO has already included XMP 3.0 for DDR5 on its list of upcoming changes. XMP 3.0 will undoubtedly play an important role in the higher frequencies of the next generation.
- Added LHR options for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 3070 and 3060 Ti.
- Fixed message about memory clock speed and some other parameters on Rocket Lake 6c/4c.
- Extended early support for some Zen4-based systems.
- Added a workaround for systems where SMBus is blocked, resulting in long delays.
- VRM monitoring has been added to ASRock Z590 Extreme, Z590 Phantom Gaming 4, H570 Phantom Gaming 4, H570 Steel Legend, B550 Extreme4, B550 PG Velocita products.
- Added several NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti and 3080 Ti card models.
- Download the preview version: v7.05, Build 4490
- Enhanced sensor monitoring on the GIGABYTE X570S series motherboard.
- Added the ability to use RFC 3339 or ISO 8601 date formats for capturing sensor data.
- Added support for Intel XMP 3.0 for DDR5.
- Core-by-core temperature monitoring added for AMD Zen processors.
HWiNFO’s upcoming change log also lists a number of useful changes, including early support for AMD’s Zen 4 processors, per-core temperature control for Zen processors, and support for Nvidia’s new LHR RTX 30, RTX 3070 Ti, and RTX 3080 Ti GPUs.
Sources: HWiNFO, OC3D
21. 2021 June 21. June 2021
As a child of the 70s, I was one of those fascinated by the invasion of arcade video games in the 80s. With the money I saved from various part-time jobs, I bought my first computer from my friend…..
Other works from Peter BrosdahlHWiNFO is a freeware program that offers users the ability to display the specifications of their system, as well as the memory, processor and even the graphics card specifications, in one single place. The program also offers three different graphical displays, all of which are fully customizable.. Read more about when will ddr5 ram be out and let us know what you think.
how much faster will ddr5 bewill ddr5 ram work on ddr4 motherboardddr5 ram motherboard release dateddr5 motherboardwhen will ddr5 ram be outddr5 cpu support,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,how much faster will ddr5 be,will ddr5 ram work on ddr4 motherboard,ddr5 ram motherboard release date,ddr5 motherboard,when will ddr5 ram be out,ddr5 cpu support,motherboard ddr5 support,ddr5-6400 mhz