Games have come a long way since their earliest days and have become an integral part of modern culture. While the way we play games has changed drastically, one thing that has remained constant is our need for better gaming experiences on our devices.
Microsoft Edge, the company’s web browser, is introducing some powerful new features geared towards gamers, allowing them to get the most out of their gaming experience. With these new features you can improve your gaming performance, customise your settings and dive into a world of virtual reality all within the Microsoft Edge browser.
This guide will provide an overview of the features available in Microsoft Edge and how they can help you enjoy an even better gaming experience:
Microsoft Edge gets new Xbox and PC gaming performance features
Microsoft Edge is the latest version of the popular web browser from the tech giant, and it comes packed with a ton of new gaming features for both Xbox and PC platforms. In addition, Microsoft Edge has introduced performance improvements for gaming, including faster loading of web pages, smoother gameplay, and other features designed to give gamers an even better gaming experience.
In this article, we’ll discuss the new gaming features in Microsoft Edge and how you can get the most out of them:
The new Microsoft Edge browser has increased functionality for gamers with its Xbox integration. This Xbox “Play Anywhere” feature allows you to launch and play any game from your Xbox console, PC or a mobile device. In addition, you can keep track of all your achievements, view your friends and message them, watch any streaming content on Mixer or Twitch, and even share and access screenshots.
Microsoft also added Game Hubs and Labs. Game Hubs allow you to track your progress in different games within Edge itself. You can keep up with the leaderboards, save points, and track how well you rank across different machines and systems with just one click. Labs allow gamers to access new gaming technologies while still developing, helping developers by allowing testing before they can be publicly released.
To use this new functionality in Microsoft Edge, you first need to link it with your Xbox account or a Gamer Pass ID. Once that is done, you’ll be able to take advantage of all the tools that come along with the features for gamers, such as Xbox achievements and the ability to communicate directly with friends through messages and group chats on Xbox Live.
PC Gaming Performance Features
Microsoft Edge has been powered up to deliver amazing pc gaming performance with the help of three main features:
- Support for DirectX 12 Ultimate – This new version of DirectX unlocks performance breakthroughs in 3D graphics, increases game realism, and provides a foundation for advanced gaming operations. It allows gamers to run games designed with newer APIs like Vulkan 1.2 on all Windows 10 PCs. It directly links the GPU to the CPU, allowing information to move freely between them.
- Variable Rate Shading – This technology allows your computer’s GPU to dedicate more resources to complex elements, making complex scenes smoother and more immersive. Scenes composed of multiple geometry types or lights can be shown with improved frame rates using this feature.
- FidelityFX Contrast Adaptive Sharpening – This technology will automatically detect dark and light areas in each frame and sharpen them independently, giving the scene a higher level of detail without sacrificing clarity or introducing artefacts into the picture quality.
With this powerful combination of features available through Microsoft Edge, immersive PC gaming performance is possible for all players on Windows 10 PCs no matter their hardware setup or budget!
How to Get the Most Out of the New Gaming Features
Microsoft Edge has recently released some new features that will enhance your gaming experience. These features are designed to make gaming on your PC or Xbox smoother and more enjoyable. With these features, you can increase your gaming performance and get the most out of your games.
This article will discuss how you can take advantage of these new features and improve your gaming experience.
Enable Xbox Integration
The most exciting and powerful new gaming feature for Microsoft Edge is its Xbox integration. By enabling Xbox integration, you can launch your favourite games from within the browser quickly and easily. In addition, it lets you connect directly to gaming communities and track your gaming activity from within the browser.
Ensure that Xbox integration is enabled in Microsoft Edge to get the most out of this feature. To enable Xbox Integration, you will need a valid Microsoft account associated with your device. Once this is set up, open the ‘Settings’ menu in Microsoft Edge (the hamburger icon at the top right corner), select ‘More tools’ followed by ‘Extensions’. Next, on the left pane of the Extension page, select ‘Xbox’; then click on ‘Enable’ on the right pane to enable Xbox integration with your PC.
After activating Xbox integration with Microsoft Edge, you will be able to:
- Play a selection of popular console games directly in your browser window.
- Get notifications when new game updates are available.
- Join gaming events right from the web toolbar!
Optimise Performance Settings
For a smooth gaming experience, it is important to control your computer’s performance settings. Microsoft Edge makes this easier with a specialised gaming feature. You can access it by clicking the Settings and more (…) icon, selecting ‘Settings’ and then choosing ‘Gaming’.
In the Gaming settings page, you can adjust:
- Game Mode: When this setting is enabled, your computer’s resource use will prioritise giving power to the games you are playing.
- Graphics: Here you can adjust how intense your graphics look based upon your computer’s processing power. Choose between low, medium, high and ultra settings for the best experience.
- Resolution: If you want faster game performance without sacrificing visual details, try lowering your resolution setting. This will reduce pixel density so that more frames per second are rendered in gameplay.
- Dedicated Graphic Memory: Your game needs resources from both system RAM and dedicated GPU memory to run smoothly; this setting adjusts how much of each type of resource is used to match what is compatible with your hardware or game requirements.
- Advanced Settings: For even finer control over aspects like Vertical Synchronisation or Hard Memory Limit – which can help prevent lag – check out the Advanced Settings menu in Gaming Configuration tool for more options to optimise your gameplay.
Utilise the Game Bar
The Microsoft Edge browser offers various new gaming features to help you get the most out of your gaming experience. One of the most useful features is the Game Bar, which lets you record and capture gameplay on your PC. To access the Game Bar, open Microsoft Edge and press [Windows + G] simultaneously.
Once you have opened up the Game Bar, you can use it to:
- Record and capture screenshots of gameplay
- Adjust recording settings for quality (frame rate, resolution, etc.)
- Set up separate input audio devices such as headphones and microphones
- Create custom shortcuts for quick access to specific features or games
- Change settings for background music, game soundtracks and voice chat in multiplayer games
- Adjust performance settings such as power mode support
- Access game bar widgets such as achievements and messages
- Stream your gameplay live on services like Mixer and Twitch.tv
The Game Bar offers an impressive array of options that can help customise your gaming environment more effectively. Whether playing an online multiplayer game or recording offline footage for video editing later on, this feature can be invaluable in facilitating seamless gaming experiences with Microsoft Edge.
Try the FPS Counter
The FPS Counter is one of the most exciting features of the Microsoft Edge browser for gamers. It allows you to measure your frames per second (FPS) rate when playing games or doing other intensive tasks in your browser. In addition, this feature can help you determine if your video card settings are set correctly and identify any lag occurring in real-time.
FPS is a term used in gaming and media production to describe how many images the computer can display per second. The higher the FPS, the smoother the game will be, so it’s important to have a high enough frame rate so that game play experience feels smooth and responsive.
To access this feature, you must open Microsoft Edge browser and click on More Tools > FPS Counter from the dropdown menu in the upper right-hand corner. You will then get a small overlay showing a graph of your frame rate over time along with other information like total frames rendered, average FPS, minimum and maximum FPS, etc.
The graph provides a reference for how demanding your current settings are on your hardware. The information can also help you adjust specific settings for an even better gaming experience or debugging output for any troublesome processes or errors occurring within games on Edge browser. To turn off the overlay, click on More Tools > FPS Counter from the menu again or press F10 on your keyboard as long as it is mapped to perform this command as part of Edge’s keyboard shortcuts feature set.
tags = microsoft edge browser, gamer-friendly browser, xbox cloud gaming streams, apple theverge microsoft triplea xboxexclusive xcloud, microsoft xcloud pc ultimatewarren theverge, microsoft xcloud ios game pass theverge, microsoft xcloud ios pc theverge, apple theverge microsoft xboxexclusive apple xcloud, microsoft xcloud pc game theverge, microsoft xcloud game ultimatewarren theverge, apple theverge triplea xboxexclusive ios xcloud, apple theverge triplea xboxexclusive apple xcloud, xcloud chromium microsoft edgewarren theverge, theverge microsoft triplea xboxexclusive apple xcloud, xcloud ioswarren theverge, theverge triplea xboxexclusive ios apple xcloud